Do you know of the Ghana Robotics Academy Foundation (GRAF) and her annual event dubbed RiSE? Well, RiSE means Robotics Inspired Science Education and its mission is to inspire and energize teachers, middle, high and college school students in Ghana to pursue education and careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) by using the motivational effects of robots to connect theory with practice.
|The Ghana team at World Robot Olympiad 2012|
This year, RiSE 2013 is scheduled to start in September with two awesome challenges; Multi Grain Sorting and Autonomous Rescue. The event will be held at four different centers across the country: Tamale, Kumasi, Accra and Cape Coast. The theme for RiSE 2013 is "Cultivating a Culture of Excellence."
On a RiSE 2013 monthly competition (ends ) will commence on GRAF's facebook page as a warm up to the main event.
There will be a GH₵50.00 per month for the winner. Remember you need to get your friends to "like" your answer. So get as many friends to "like" GRAF's facebook page so they can "like" your answer.
Who will be crowned the winner in July, it could be you. If you don't enter you cannot win so go for it.
Below are the competition details.
RiSE 2013 Competition Questions:
1. In no more than twenty-five (25) words tell us what excellence means to you.
2. In no more than twenty-five (25) words tell us what Ghana would look like if every worker pursued excellence at work.
1. The winning entry per month (July, August and September) shall receive 50 GHS and a certificate.
2. The two (2) runner up entries shall receive a certificate.
1. Participants must be residents of the Republic of Ghana.
2. Participants must be full time students and 9 to 19 years old.
3. Entries shall be made via the Ghana Robotics Academy Foundation (GRAF) Facebook page without exception.
4. There is no limit to the number of entries per participant.
5. Each entering shall have answers to both questions.
6. An entering with an answer to only one (1) question shall be considered incomplete and be disqualified.
7. The competition is a monthly competition, i.e. entries are made for a particular month’s competition.
8. The competition will run in July, August and September of 2013.
9. Entries from previous month’s competition can be resubmitted to the following month’s competition.
10. A winner shall be selected from each month’s entry.
11. The judges shall select the winning entry each month (July, August, and September) from the top 5 entries with the most “likes” (votes) from Ghana Robotics Academy Foundation Facebook page.
12. The judges decision is final and cannot be appealed.
13. GRAF reserves the right to change the rules of the competition at anytime.
14. By entering the competition you agree that the Ghana Robotics Academy Foundation can use your name and photo in …. promotional materials. As part of this Agreement, the undersigned hereby
15. By entering the competition you permit Ghana Robotics Academy Foundation to use, in whole or in part, photographs, videos, written extractions, and voice/performance recordings for educational, promotional, and/or athletic purposes in GRAF publications, press releases, videos, and web sites.